Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Titles and Smoke

Today I decided that the titles in my opening were not as good as they could be and that there was something lacking. As a result of this, I decided to add a smoke effect, that appears when the names of the actors in the film appear. I chose the type of smoke that I thought suited the film, since it is about the aftermath of a battle, I chose a smouldering-smokey effect as to give the impression that something has been burning for a while. Once I had done this, I placed the smoke over the titles and watched it as it rose from the bottom of the screen and past the actors names. However, I noticed that the smoke effect was a little bit too fast for the intro and did not suit the slow-somber music, so i decided to slow the smoke effect. This was done by stretching out the smoke layer and as a result, the smoke was a lot slower the next time I watched the titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment